RE: [AMBER-Developers] configure modified for Cray XT5

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 17:04:33 -0800

Hi Jason,

For years on Kraken I have just always configured AMBER with pgf90 and then
just told pmemd to use pgf90 and mpi. Then just edit the config.h file for
pmemd and replace pgf90 with ftn since ftn is just a wrapper for pgf90. Of
course the problem now is that we no longer support Portland group in the
main AMBER configure script. Thus rather than making a specific crayxt5
option it would make more sense to make Portland group option for the
standard amber configure script that uses pgf90. That way netcdf would be
built with pgf90 and under pmemd it is just a renaming of pgf90 to ftn which
we could add as a cray option.

All the best
Ross