Re: [AMBER-Developers] latest release candidate for AmberTools 1.3

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 22:15:56 -0500

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 9:53 PM, case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 09, 2009, Jason Swails wrote:
> >
> > the command i was using was "ptraj prmtop script >& output"
>
> This is not a good command, that is, it is not part of the POSIX standard for
> shells.
>
> what you want is this (I think!) :  "ptraj prmtop script > output 2>&1"

that is in fact what I wanted, but I picked up the habit as I was
learning unix and it never slipped (i don't even know if >& redirects
both stderr and stdout to the same place in bash). I'm not too
worried about redirecting stderr, so the simple > is good enough (I
changed all occurrences in the script). Hopefully the rest of my
commands are POSIX compliant :)

> ....dac

Thanks!