[AMBER-Developers] Amber configure script

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 22:11:25 -0400

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009, Volodymyr Babin wrote:

> config.x (.h, that is not really a header)

Well, it acts like a header, in the sense that all the Makefiles begin
with "include ../config.h" (or similar). And, it defines common variables
that are used in many places. And, I think people expect the output of a
"configure" script to be a file called "config.h". Whether it looks like
a true C-header file or not is of lesser importance.

> There should also be a README file around
> (or a webpage, or whatever), that summarizes useful combinations
> of various flags, compilers, etc.

This would be great, although I don't think it relieves us of the task
of trying to make the "configure" script as smart as possible. Most of
"tips for running Amber on <architecture x>" on the web site are way out
of date, and we should try to get them updated over the next few months.

....dac