Re: [AMBER-Developers] sander/nbips problem

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 08:47:53 -0400

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009, Gustavo Seabra wrote:

> Given how fast it is to update the depend file, wouldn't it just be
> safer to *always* update it before compilation?

This too has been discussed on the developers' list. Briefly, the
"makedepend" script looks for connections in *all* files in the current
directory, but this can lead to errors if you have alternate versions of
certain files, test files that aren't actually going to be compiled, and so
on. In my (current) view, it's better to think that "depend" is a file that
is updated manually, and that the recent behavior was just a glitch in which
Xiongwu forgot to update all the files.

...dac