Re: [AMBER-Developers] -p4 intel switch of configure script

From: MengJuei Hsieh <mengjueh.uci.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 12:03:36 -0700

I'd also vote to retire '-p4', but we might need something like -sse2/3/3e
or -mmx/-3dnow/-enhanced3dnow that kind of stuff.

Pentium 4, -mtune=pentium4 (or older switch of -march=pentium4) in gcc,
probably means MMX, SSE and SSE2 instruction set support. It's the default
in ifort if I remembered it right.

Best,
--
Mengjuei Hsieh, Molecular Biology & Biochem, Univ. of California Irvine.