RE: [AMBER-Developers] Amber11 problems building with latest version of intel MKL (10.2)

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 23:01:38 +0100

> > There is protection in the openmp code to force runtime
> OMP_NUM_THREADS to 1
> > (using an openMP call) for all the other MKL routines, like
> vdinvsqrt.
>
> Does it make sense to use the openMP call to set OMP_NUM_THREADS to 1
> if mpi
> is also running? Could that eliminate the "disaster" in the first
> paragraph?
> And/or allow us always to link to the openmp version of the library
> (assuming
> it is available)?

Yes except that it only works if one compiles with openmp and links with an
openmp library. So we could perhaps add it for all compilers that support
openmp. Say ifort for example. With the current flag -DOPENMP. Without
compiling with openmp the call is not available.

Line 1017 of sander.f:

   call omp_set_num_threads(1)

All the best
Ross