Re: [AMBER-Developers] Another error building sqm...

From: Ben Roberts <roberts.qtp.ufl.edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 17:01:45 +0100

Hi Dave,

I changed into $AMBERHOME/src/sqm, as you suggested, and ran "make
depend" in there. Now, however, I get a different message.

make[1]: *** No rule to make target `sqmcrt.c', needed by
`antechamber.o'. Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/scr/wukong_2/roberts/apps/amber11/src/
antechamber'
make: *** [install] Error 2

I tried to manually edit the makefile (in src/antechamber) so it knew
about where sqmcrt should be, and got basically the same message even
so:

make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../sqm/sqmcrt.c', needed by
`antechamber.o'. Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/scr/wukong_2/roberts/apps/amber11/src/
antechamber'
make: *** [install] Error 2

What else could I try?

Ben

On 5/8/2009, at 12:33 p.m., case wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 05, 2009, Ben Roberts wrote:
>
>> After getting the new makefiles etc from the CVS tree this morning, I
>> now get this when trying to build AmberTools:
>>
>> <snip>
>> cpp -traditional -P sqm.f > _sqm.f
>> ifort -c -O2 -FR -o sqm.o _sqm.f
>> fortcom: Error: _sqm.f, line 81: Error in opening the compiled module
>> file. Check INCLUDE paths. [QMMM_MODULE]
>> use qmmm_module, only : qmmm_nml,qmmm_struct, qmmm_mpi,
>> qm2_struct, qm_gb
>
> Can you check the "depend" file in amber11/src/sqm? The entry for
> sqm.o
> should contain a dependency on qmmm_module.o. That should force the
> module to
> be made before sqm.f is compiled. You may need to do a "make
> depend" command
> if this is not so. If the dependency *is* present in the depend
> file, you may
> need to debug the above error message on your machine....
>
> [For me, everything works, with both gcc (on MacOSX) and icc (on
> Linux).]
>
> ...dac

Benjamin P. Roberts
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Quantum Theory Project
University of Florida
2301 New Physics Building #92
PO Box 118435
Gainesville FL 32611-8435
USA
Phone: +1 352 392 6712
Cell:  +1 352 222 3677
Member of the Royal Australian Chemical Institute
and of the American Chemical Society