[AMBER-Developers] PRMTOP format

From: Joe Krahn <krahn.niehs.nih.gov>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 14:37:55 -0400

What are the rules for writing data in the PRMTOP file? Is it strictly
limited to 80-columns? Is it OK to trim trailing blanks?

I have some code to append XRAY info to the PRMTOP file, similar to
ADDLES. I would like to create a new file, copying existing data, but
that is not easy in Fortran, because the actual length of lines read is
not available. I could copy line-by-line and assume that all lines are
80 columns wide, Or, I could copy lines with trailing blanks trimmed
off. That works OK for Fortran, but some other software may not like
truncated lines.

Thanks,
Joe