Re: [AMBER-Developers] Coompiling AmberTools under Cygwin with gcc-4

From: Gustavo Seabra <gustavo.seabra.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 13:16:54 -0500

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 12:27 PM, David A. Case wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009, Gustavo Seabra wrote:
>> It is probably a bad hack, but I could get it to compile ok and pass
>> the tests by removing the '-DSYSV' from config.h. I wonder if anyone
>> has seen anything similar before?
>
> Sounds like a good idea. Cygwin just recently completely changed their
> X11 libraries, upgrading(?) to current xorg standards. So, lots of
> things presumably broke. I'm no longer running Windows, so I don't keep
> up with cygwin any more.
>
> I'd go ahead and just commit removing -DSYSV; it might be that people
> that haven't yet upgraded to the new cygwin stuff will find problems.
> If so, Scott can fix them :-) More likely, we'll just require an
> up-to-date cygwin.
>
> [One idea: if /usr/X11R6/lib exists, we are probably in the old R6-land;
> if not, libraries are probably in /usr/lib.]

Actually, the configure_at already correctly recognizes the presence
of the X11 libraries in /usr/lib with no problem. Now, for the
'-DSYSV' part, it is included for all "systems without <sys/dir.h> but
with <dirent.h>", which includes cygwin. I guess I could just add
another if there, so that it only adds -DSYSV if it is *not* cygwin,
but I don't know what effect that will have on older cygwin
installations.

Gustavo