Re: [AMBER-Developers] Stanford press release on GPUs and molecular dynamics

From: Ken Merz <merz.qtp.ufl.edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 16:41:21 -0500

Hi,
  FWIW Scott LaGrand at NVIDIA (he got his PhD with me many moons ago)
contacted me about porting AMBER to GPUs. I invited him to the AMBER
meeting to go over what he has been doing along these lines, but no
word yet if he will attend. Basically, I think he will or would like
to create a GPU based PMEMD and/or Sander. I believe he worked on
Pande's port as well.

Kennie

On 6 Feb 2009, at 11:16 AM, David A. Case wrote:

> FYI -- the openMM stuff is now being announced:
>
> http://www.hpcwire.com/offthewire/Stanford-U-Software-Speeds-up-Molecular-Simulations-39145597.html
>
> ....dac

Professor Kenneth M. Merz, Jr.
Department of Chemistry
Quantum Theory Project
2328 New Physics Building
PO Box 118435
University of Florida
Gainesville, Florida 32611-8435

e-mail: merz.qtp.ufl.edu
http://www.qtp.ufl.edu/~merz

Phone: 352-392-6973
FAX: 352-392-8722
Cell: 814-360-0376

“Rule one: Never allow a crisis to go to waste. They are opportunities
to do big things.”

Mr. Rahm Emanuel