Re: amber-developers: fixup to max14

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 19:21:40 -0500

Okay, bear in mind, with reference to using pmemd, that the data structure
sizes have not been tweaked for this problem. It will be interesting to see
if it works, and amber10 + latest pmemd patches is required. I was
originally going to play with this, but so much strange stuff was going on
that I thought it best to stay out of the fray until you guys actually
figured out the wierd stuff vs. stuff that is actually potentially wrong
with the sander extra points implementation (which in turn could very well
exist in pmemd; I am sure Darden's assumptions about datasize limits were
picked up in pmemd, as the rationale behind a number of things was not
crystal clear (a situation where I will typically start off mimicking sander
and then respond to any problems that arise)). So if it just works, great!
If it doesn't, then we really need to understand the datasize limitations
(using -CB in an ifort compile for runtime array bounds checks will help in
pmemd).
Regards - Bob