Re: amber-developers: Extra Points Calculation

From: Lachele Foley <lfoley.ccrc.uga.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 15:31:52 -0500

> These look perfectly fine, i.e., the output does not depend on the
> number of cpus, which is good.

But, the end result of the minimization, after 14,000 steps, most certainly is not fine. In fact, it is very bad. It has a great big gap running down the middle of it.

So, my guess about the different processors was wrong... and I don't know enough about the code to make any other guesses. I have no clue why it would do that, but it does look sort-of as if it divided the waters into two sets and minimized them separately, and the sucrose separately, still.

:-) Lachele
--
B. Lachele Foley, PhD '92,'02
Assistant Research Scientist