Re: amber-developers: Re: PMEMD 10 patch 2

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 10:35:32 -0400

There are all sorts of issues with cygwin and the file system - unix issues
that were not done correctly because something like a FAT file system cannot
really do links, /dev/null, etc. etc. I was a bit more hyperaware of this
stuff because I at one point was doing file system work for microsoft, but
also because I later got involved in a project to create a compatible system
calls interface between Sun's unix implementations and windows. Anyway, at
that juncture I considered cygwin to be a pretty bad hack; since then it has
probably gotten better. Thanks to Gustavo for the fix on linux boxes though
(I figured somebody would have dealt with this); Dave, I'll generate the
second patch and send it to you. I did not see Volodymyr's proposal.
Regards - Bob