Re: amber-developers: REMD and PTRAJ manuals

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 10:29:42 -0400

Hi,

Ptraj can indeed read the new REMD format and process whatever temperature
you want. In order to process the data at a given temperature, the usage is:

trajin <trajectory> remdtraj remdtrajtemp <TEMP>

where <trajectory> is the new format REMD trajectory file that corresponds
to the lowest number replica, with an integer extension of format XXX (e.g.
000, 001 etc - should also recognize the .gz extension, e.g. 000.gz, 001.gz)
and <TEMP> is the temperature of the data you want to analyze. The code will
then look for all replica trajectories and process them all at the same
time, only using data at the temperature you specify. At this point you
could use a trajout command to write an amber temperature trajectory.

If the 'remdtraj' keyword is not specified then the trajectory is treated
simply as a replica trajectory.

This information should certainly be in the ptraj manual - I apologize for
not making sure it was in there.

-Dan

--
Daniel R. Roe, Ph.D.