Re: amber-developers: Testing Parallel

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 12:12:08 -0700

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008, Lachele Foley wrote:

> Ok... I used my excessive C wrapper to get around the quote thing. Using
> block=true has three advantages over the interactive method (for me --
> neither is really -better-): [1] I get nice, neat, individualized output
> from the scheduler in each test directory; [2] it tests the system in a
> manner very close to how the users will be running; [3] I only have to run
> one set of tests (rather than test amber parallel and then test submission
> to queue).

Well, score one for perisitence! Can you post the final wrapper you came up
with (again)? Maybe we can get a web page up for people with similar
problems.

> possible FAILURE: check out.0.dif
> /scratch2/sysadmin_test/amber10/test/softcore/complex
> 77c77
> < Total charge of 0.1305 removed
> ---
> > Total charge of ************ removed

This is actually somewhat disconcerting...looks like a problem with gfortran,
but one that doesn't seem to have other bad consequences. I'll get Thomas
to look at this when he returns from Germany.

...dave