amber-developers: yet closer for AmberTools

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 18:40:48 -0700

You can now get AmberTools directly from the web (no logins/passwords needed):

   http://ambermd.org/AmberTools-get.html

Comments on the interface are welcome. Right now, there is no link to this
page, but when it is released, the main Amber web page will have an advert
plus a link.

If someone out there understands web "security", I'd like to know:

1. how to hide the name of the script that runs once the "submit" button
is pushed.

2. Can Google see the downloads folder (it has drwx--x--x mods)? Is there
more we can easily do?

I am not really concerned about security, since redistribution is allowed
under the GPL. But I would like to have as good a chance as possible to avoid
being spammed/exploited/etc. and to get as many people as possible to
register.

There is probably time for critical last-minute updates, but at some point
we just have to say that "it is what it is".

...thanks...dac