Re: amber-developers: known problems with the 20mar08 tarballs

From: Andreas Svrcek-Seiler <svrci.tbi.univie.ac.at>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 22:28:24 +0100 (CET)

> and resp can be built with it. Note that you probably need the equivalent
> of the -fno-automatic -finit-local-zero flags that g77 knows about, in order
> to get reliably correct results.
...As far as I learned recently (which is not far) gfortran understands
-finit-local-zero from version 4.3.0 onwards. gcc 4.3.0 is very
new, and fails to build amber(tools)10. It might be easier to assist
people in obtaining a backwards-compatibility g77 than to manually fix
what would be done automatically by "-finit-local-zero".

...just my 0.02$
Andreas