Re: amber-developers: Prep files

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 09:13:21 -0700

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008, Ross Walker wrote:

> Someone just posted to the AMBER list that they can't find water.in in
> $AMBERHOME/dat/leap/prep/

The solvents.lib file is built from solvents.cmd (both in
amber9/dat/leap/lib).

> I assume the manual should reference solvents.lib although it also
> references things like tip3pbox.off which is there although is
> supserceded??? by solvents.lib.

tip3pbox.off is still there, although you are correct that solents.lib is
more complete.

> Does anyone have suggestions on how we should update the manual here?

Sure...update the errata.html file in amber_web and commit to CVS.

> Note the AMBER 10 Tools manual has the same error at the bottom of page 24.

I fixed it...but you could too :-)

Note that section 2.8 (on ions) needs a complete re-write. And, I'm
still hoping that *someone* among the group getting paid by NIH to work
on Amber force fields will spend 1 hour to proofread and update the
force field chapter. [This would be an educational activity, so busy PI's
could justify asking a student or post-doc to do this as a part of their
training.]

Ray: if you are going to contribute N-terminal and C-terminal files for ff03,
now is the time!

...dac