Re: amber-developers: bugzilla access

From: Scott Brozell <sbrozell.scripps.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 11:42:10 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007, David A. Case wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 27, 2007, Scott Brozell wrote:
> >
> > One can already view existing bugs without being logged-in to bugzilla.
>
> As I understand it, You don't have to log into *bugzilla*, but you still have
> to log into the rosswalker site itself. Right now (12/27, 11am PST) I can't go
> to http://www.rosswalker.co.uk/amber/bugzilla without giving a username and
> password.

Yes that is correct. For the record I support Ross's current approach
because I do not want him spending his time playing the security
update game. My feeling is that a simple and memorable username/
password is not too much to ask. Also some (like me) probably
entered the authentication info once and have since avoided that
trivial chore through web browser magic.

> > One does not have to be a superhero to use our bugzilla.
>
> True, but I don't think it is as easy as it could/should be.

In the big picture, we want all the developers running all the tests
and on many platforms.
Sending failure reports via email to all the developers is not a bad
approach in my opinion.
It seems that we suffer far more from a lack of testing diligence
than from inundation by redundant failure reports.

For just viewing bugs we could dump the current bug list and repost
it at some other site on a periodic basis. However, based on the wiki
experience, most probably won't use that list anyway.

Scott