Re: amber-developers: Question regarding use of mexit()

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 23:54:46 -0500

Okay, but be aware that if you hit an error in one task, slave or master,
and call MPI_Finalize() instead of MPI_Abort(), it is highly likely that a
correct implementation will hang, at least for a while, as the other tasks
block on attempted communication with the task that exited. So you do want
to be careful to use these two calls in the correct contexts; you want your
code to first of all work correctly with a correct mpi implementation; then
pick on the vendors that have the incorrect mpi implementations (Mike's list
of who doesn't work...) :-)
Best Regards - Bob