amber-developers: First Amber10 code submission deadline

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 08:41:44 -0700

Hi everyone:

As I have mentioned before, we need to work harder than we have in the past to
get new code for Amber10 submitted in a timely fashion.

The basic code deadline for Amber 10 is October 15, 2007.

I really want to have things in a week before the developers' meeting, so that
problems can be identified *before* that meeting, and we can try to fix things
up *during* the meeting. We can also make decisions at the meeting about which
post-deadline code to accept.

After the meeting, acceptance of new code will probably be limited to
clean-ups and bug fixes; exceptions to this policy will be considered on a
case-by-case basis.

The above deadline does not apply to pmemd: this code has been very solid in
the past, and changes Bob makes don't disrupt other parts of Amber.

As always, comments and suggestions are welcome.

...dac