amber-developers: some changes in amber10 configuration

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 16:41:04 -0700

Hi everyone:

As I have mentioned before, we are in the process of creating an "amber-tools"
distribution, that will roughly correpond to the "free" (as in beer and
speech) parts of Amber.

There are some recent changes in the CVS tree that reflect this; these should
not change any ordinary things, but who knows? Here is a summary:

1. Some programs (like ptraj, antechamber and leap) had been in both amber
and in amber-tools. This is now remedied, so that any given program is only
in one or the other category. This means you have to build both amber and
amber-tools to get a complete set of programs:

     cd amber10/src
     ./configure <options>
     make install
     ./configure_at <other options>
     make -f Makefile_at install

     cd ../test
     make test
     make -f Makefile_at test

[We will probably simplify this before the release, but I did not want to
change everything all at once.]

2. The "configure" script now writes its output to "config_amber.h", not
to "config.h". All of the Makefiles (I hope!) have been updated to reflect
this change, so it should be transparent. On the other hand, once you do a
CVS update, you will need to re-run "configure" (or move your hand-tweaked
config.h to config_amber.h).

[This change allows amber and amber-tools to co-exist side by side in a better
fashion.]

Please let me know of any problems, or just go ahead an fix them.

...regards...dac