RE: amber-developers: amber performance

From: Yong Duan <duan.ucdavis.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 11:27:09 -0800

Very encouraged!!

Yes, following Tom's statement, I pledge to work hard on ff!

Indeed, in the end what matters is the science that can be done with the
package. Over the years, there have been a lot of outstanding claims on
performance and promises to take on the world (and us). History shows that
the claims were simply untrue and promises never materialized, of course,
all because of you guys' hard work!!

As for ff, not that I am trying to be defensive (which is of course true),
AMBER suite of ff's, after the adjustments, are at least as good as
everybody else's. In my (biased) judgement, our ff's are actually notably
better than others' by most measures. We are going to make it better! That's
a promise.

yong