Re: amber-developers: pb code error

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 08:29:48 -0700

On Wed, May 10, 2006, Michael Crowley wrote:

> Would the pb code developers please take a look at line 544 in pb_direct.f
> uips=1.0d0/rips/rinv
>
> rinv is undefined at this point. Why has this not caused an error up till
> now? The compiler on alpha-compaq warns about this, but apparently this
> code never is used, at least not by the test cases.

There is no reason to use IPS with poisson-boltzmann, so that all of
the IPS code sections (marked with WXW) should be removed, in my opinion.

This should be certainly be done (assuming everyone agrees) in amber10; I
don't think a patch to amber9 is needed, since it *should* be impossible to
reach that section of code: it would require setting ips>0 and igb=10, which
is already flagged as an illegal combination of input parameters in mdread().

Ray: I am still concerned that we keep having to make all these changes
twice, once in src/pbsa and once in src/sander. The code in these two
directories started out the same, but is now diverging. Is there any good way
to avoid all of this duplication?

...thx...dac