Re: amber-developers: pgf90 and netcdf

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 01:01:45 -0700

On Fri, Mar 31, 2006, Scott Brozell wrote:

> ok, but it did show up in the snapshot.

My bad...you are correct, but it is now fixed.

> I suggest that the dlamch.f rule hard code -O0 in Amber 10.

The problem is that you lose what might be important hardware dependent
flags as well, like "-m32" or "-m64" for some compilers that support both
ia32 and x86_64 options. I would really prefer to have $(FFLAGS) be low
enough optimization to work for dlmach.f If that means that $(FFLAGS) has
go to -O0, so be it.

Let me know what you find out, especially if -O1 vs -O helps. But give
a try with the original (CVS) src/lapack/Makefile.

...thanks!...dave