Re: amber-developers: pgf90 and netcdf

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 10:14:17 -0700

On Sat, Apr 01, 2006, Scott Brozell wrote:

> I know your position on distributing all dependencies, but
> for COLUMBUS, I decided that all platforms will have a native
> blas and lapack. This hasnt failed yet.

What do you do for these platfoms?

1. PIV with G95 compiler
2. PIV with ifort compiler, etc.

Do you require MKL? What happens on AMD chips? This all seems like a
pretty
steep price to pay for Amber, especially since the performance
improvements
are modest.

> I then did this
> pgf90 -c -o dlamch.o _dlamch.f
> According to the manual the default is -O1 -tp p7 in this situation.
> All 9 previous hangers passed.

To me it sounds as if putting -O1 in FFLAGS would do the trick for
your platform. Is that what you think?

...thanks for all the testing...dave