Re: amber-developers: Ancient PGF90 compiler - v3.2-4

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 09:28:33 -0700

Ross -
The bloody pgf compilers have a long history of being "less than solid" in

my opinion. I think that even early versions of 5 will not compiler
pmemd;
the details are buried in doc somewhere. So I would not worry about this.

Anyone using pgf90 had better be pretty much up-to-date. Several years
ago,
I had tried using pgf90 with "amd" the precursor to pmemd, and back then
they apparently didn't even reliably keep the state of the floating point
stack (so in long runs the math would go funny). I only came back to
supporting them at all under pressure, and was dismayed to see Cray choose

them as their system compiler.
Regards - Bob