Re: amber-developers: -suffix option for sander?

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 20:09:39 -0700

Tom -
The suffix only applies to output files, not mdin, prmtop, inpcrd or refc.

I find this sort of thing useful in linking all the associated output
together, though obviously you can solve the problem via scripting too.
However, with -suffix, then you can do it all in two spots - you increment

the suffix, and apply the last suffix value to your restrt. Furthermore,
you don't have to keep track of which outputs you actually requested; they

will all get tagged the same way. It is not a huge deal, but I put it in
pmemd because it saves me a ton of typing on the ~20 different systems I
am
running on testing, benchmarking, and occasionally even collecting data.
Regards - Bob