amber-developers: fortran95 help requested

From: Michael Crowley <crowley.scripps.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 11:44:44 -0700

Hi all, fortran95 is pissing me off right now.

I have a routine in a module which works on a double complex array, fft
routine to be specific.
It is declared as a rank one double complex array in the module routine,
as a dummy argument.

The actual argument from the calling routine is declared as a real(8).
There is no trouble with fortran77, and without the module interface,
there is also no problem. The interface generated by the module compile
will not let the calling routine compile with the following message:

fortcom: Error: _ew_recip.f, line 1716: The type of the actual argument
differs from the type of the dummy argument.

Although I agree the the arg declarations differ, I also know this should
work.

Does anybody know how to tell the compiler to allow this discrepancy (tell
it that though I may be wrong, I think I know what I am doing).
The easy answer of declaring the array as double complex everywhere makes
problems when filling the array before passing it to the fft routine so it
would be nice to have the compiler allow the difference.
Thanks for any help anyone has,
Mike

Physical mail: Dr. Michael F. Crowley
                 Department of Molecular Biology, TPC6