amber-developers: Re: Amber8 auto* integration progress report.

From: Xuebin Qiao <xbqiao.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 07:43:56 -0700

Hi,

I've create a patchset file (see attachment) of demo auto* installer for
fully patched version of amber8. Detailed instructions are listed in file
'readme.1st'. If compiled sucessfully, then 'make install' to use it.
Current installation layout are maintained. Please see 'configure --help'
for all original configure options supported.

Following features are not supported yet, though maybe listed in command
line options:
1. MPI compilation. Only demo MPI library detection code included.
2. Optimization flags. If you want to test it, please use configure
--enable-paranoid-conf to generate a template file with detected compiler
features under 'arch' directory, modify it for your needs, and run
configure again.
3. p4/athlon/Operton CPU detection.
4. mmtsb, big and other minor compilation flags
5. Cygwin. I haven't test it. All its related codes are included, hope it
works.
6. In win32+mingw, since it produce native win32 code, leap is not support
yet (terminal emulation). I plan to add it in the future.

I only test limited compiler/arch combinations, such as icc/ifort(freebsd,
linux), pgcc/pgf90(win32), gcc/g95(freebsd). And if configure script
failed to detect features that you think you have even if you provide the
command line options, e.g. external blas library, please send me
'config.log' files.

If want make test, please do not use original makefile under test
directory. Temporarily use the command listed in makefile instead. e.g.
use 'cd dmp; ./Run.dmp' directly. I plan to add formal testsuit design in
the future.

Also, 'make dist' will create a clean tgz file for code distribution.

best regards

qxb

--
... there have been two really clean,
consistent models of programming so far: