Re: amber-developers: cvs

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 12:03:23 -0700

On Mon, Nov 21, 2005, Guanglei Cui wrote:

> Can someone help me with a stupid cvs question? I tried to commit a
> one-line change in nmrcal.f to the CVS with "cvs -n commit nmrcal.f".
> After entering my password, I got "**** Access allowed: Personal Karma
> exceeds Environmental Karma". What should I do? Thanks in advance.

This is the message you are supposed to get: "Access allowed..." means
that
your login is listed as one of those permitted to commit to the CVS tree.

The "-n" flag means "don't really do this", so of course nothing really
happened in the CVS tree. So you essentially just getting a mesaage
saying
that you could have made a commit if you had really requested one.

...dac