amber-developers: question about ALTCC?

From: Xuebin Qiao <xbqiao.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 01:49:34 -0700

To whom may concern:

Could anybody tell me reasons to use ALTCC in Amber8 except to deal with
the funtion name mangling problem when mixed C with Fortran. Does it still
use in Amber9? (I have not get Amber9 yet)

I need to know whether ALTCC, ALTCFLAGS is still used in Amber9 and its
justification. if only deal with the name mangling problem, then I suggest
to deprecate them as well as CLINK_CAPS and CLINK_PLAIN, and use a defined
macro, say FC_FUNC(foo, FOO), instead. If not, I will not bother to type
in the lengthy explanation to my suggestion. :-)

PS. robert, the constants CLINK_CAPS and NO_C_UNDERSCORE in pmemd are the
same issue. Do them appear in pmemd_clib.c of pmemd9? currently, I have to
define a double underscore version of c function (such as get_wall_time__)
to compile pmemd8 under g95 + gcc. I only have g95 available under
FreeBSD.

qxb