Re: amber-developers: question about ALTCC?

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:30:23 -0700

Bugfix 38 defines DBL_C_UNDERSCORE which solves this problem for pmemd
using either g95 or pathscale compilers. As this autotools configuration
stuff gets more and more complicated and less and less transparent, my
initially lukewarm enthusiasm is waning even more. I had rather leave
pmemd out of the mix on this stuff. As it happens for amber 9 I now have
a very simple, transparent, and extensible configuration, dependency
generation and build process for this chunk of code which will probably
always by f95 with a little bit of c. As far as I am concerned, Xuebin
can stop worrying about pmemd (its the wrong freaking goal - we NEED
highly optimized extensible building for pmemd, not a process where anyone
can walk up, type configure, and something is built without a lot of
transparency).
Regards - Bob