amber-developers: ifort v. 9

From: John Mongan <jmongan.mccammon.ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 14:33:15 -0700

Has anyone else tried the new version 9 intel compilers? In my fairly
informal testing, sander compiled with ifort 9 seems to pass tests and
appears to run 1-2% faster on my (somewhat aging) 2GHz Xeon.

While on the topic of performance, I've been meaning to ask: has anyone
compared performance between different MPI implementations on "commodity
clusters" (that is, fast dual processor x86 machines with GigE
interconnects)? Most people around here seem to use mpich, but I've been
wondering if mpich2 or lam (or something else?) might be better.

John