Re: amber-developers: Naming scheme for the new Amber UA force field

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:55:47 -0700

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005, Ray Luo wrote:

> The new Amber UA force field is ready to be checked in, but I'm not sure

> what file name we should use. Do we call it ff05ua? or ff03ua to be
> consistent with its AA counterpart?

Basically, I agree with Carlos that if should be called ff03ua if it is
really a "counterpart" to ff03.

Can you describe the extent to which the new ua force field is the
"counterpart" to ff03 itself? My understanding is that:

    ff03 = ff99 + new charges for amino acids
                + a few changes in backbone torsions

Is there a similar "simple" way to describe the new ua parameters?

...thx...dac