Re: amber-developers: Naming scheme for the new Amber UA force field

From: Yong Duan <duan.albert.genomecenter.ucdavis.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 09:43:13 -0700

This one was a re-fit of ff02pol. ff02pol was developed by Piotr. But the
mainchain torsions were not calibrated (or tested). The "ff05pol" is
really "ff02pol" with a set of new main chain torsion. In the
sense it is "ff02polm05" :).

I should have been more careful. But I already put the "ff05pol" name on
the paper (sorry!), although Piotr is also one of the authors on the
paper. "ff03pol" does not quite make sense since it is really different
than ff03.

yong