RE: amber-developers: cvs amber9

From: Wu, Xiongwu \(NIH/NHLBI\) <"Wu,>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:04:49 -0700

Dear Dave,

I test simulations with a water solution on SGI shows ips=1 uses only 6%
more cpu time than ips=2. For water systems, ips=1 or ips=2 may not make
much difference with cut=10 Angstroms. But for less polar systems like
lipid, Rich Pastor has shown that ips produces much better properties like
surface tension than normal long-range correction(LRC). For argon fluid,
as
shown in my JCP paper, the density using LRC depends on cutoff distance up
to 20 angstroms, while not with ips. In addition, with ips the force is
continuous at the cutoff boundary and the energy profile is much more
smoother than that from LRC. This is just my opinion.

I finish the implementation of SGLD into Amber 9 and have just committed
the
changes through cvs. Mike has changed my account name to wuxw and it works
perfect.

Thanks!

Xiongwu