Re: amber-developers: code problem, anybody know about this one?

From: John Mongan <jmongan.mccammon.ucsd.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 16:14:13 -0700

Sorry, this is my fault.

I was fixing some bugs involving the umbrella sampling code ignoring the
-O flag. The root of the problems I was trying to solve was that there
were two different wrappers for open (amopen and opnmrg) , each with their
own interface. To reduce redundancy, confusion and code size, I eliminated
opnmrg and changed all calls to opnmrg into calls to amopen. amopen does
handle errors internally (with an error message and exit)

I thought I cleaned up all the code that used to interface with opnmrg,
but apparently I missed at least one spot. Sorry about the extensive
debugging time.

John

 On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Robert Duke wrote:

> Mike -
> I have amber 8 and 9 trees, and it looks like someone changed the
opnmrg()
> call to an amopen() call; since amopen() returns no status, ierr is
> uninitialized (opnmrg() used to set ierr). I presume the open error is
now
> handled in the guts of amopen() but did not look; anyway, ierr sure
looks
> obsolete to me, and the code related to it should have been wiped when
> opnmrg() was changed.
> Regards - Bob