Re: amber-developers: code problem, anybody know about this one?

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 08:31:05 -0700

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004, Michael Crowley wrote:

> Here is a bit of code that is clearly problematic wrt ierr variable.
> src/sander/align.f

Well, this is my code; so, apoligies for the errors. Please change it to
make
it correct. I think the code originally made a call to "opnmrg()", and
checked
an error variable. In September, John Mongan fixed a long-standing bug,
and
changed the opnmrg() calls to amopen(). This may have been when the
problem
arose.

If so, it would show the benefits of regular testing on lots of machines:
the
new bug would have probably have shown up right after it was introduced,
and
would have been easier to find.

Thanks for fixing this....dac