RE: amber-developers: [lusk.mcs.anl.gov: new release of MPICH2]

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:56:33 -0700

The latest CVS checkout of Amber 8 compiles with MPICH2 on yellowtail
(SGI_ALTIX) with no problems (ifort v8.0). It appears to run ok. I haven't
tried out any benchmarks yet.

If you want to try it out the installations are in:

/usr/people/rcw/Amber-MPICH_2_Testing

You need to add the following lines to your .cshrc file:

setenv PATH /usr/people/rcw/Amber-MPICH_2_Testing/MPICH2/install/bin:$PATH
setenv MPICH_HOME /usr/people/rcw/Amber-MPICH_2/Testing/MPICH/install

You also need to create a file in your home directory called .mpd.conf
which
contains:

secretword=xxxxxx

Where xxxxx is a secret word known only to you. Chmod 600 this file so
only
you can read it.

MPICH2 now uses a demon calle mpd for job control. It reads the host list
from mpd.conf (so you need to modify your run script to write the
$PBS_NODEFILE to mpd.conf. E.g yellowtail

Then execute:

mpdboot mpd.conf

Then you can run sander with:

mpirun -np 4 /usr/people/rcw/Amber-MPICH_2_Testing/amber8/exe/sander

All the best
Ross

/\
\/
|\oss Walker

| Department of Molecular Biology TPC15 |
| The Scripps Research Institute |
| Tel:- +1 858 784 8889 | EMail:- ross.rosswalker.co.uk |
| http://www.rosswalker.co.uk/ | PGP Key available on request |