amber-developers: Polarizability (amber8 vs amber41)

From: Yong Duan <yduan.udel.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 04:36:12 -0700

Does anybody have experience with with polarization? I can not get
amber41 and amber8 agree with one another at the first step (indpmeth=1
in sander8). I seem to recall that I should turn on/off a switch (or to
a certain way) but I just somehow can no long remember what it was ...
Any hint??

We should be able to stay in amber8, in theory. But I just somehow can
not have a reliable minimization with ntb=0 in amber8 (I need gas-phase
optimization); it tries and then quits and complains ewald bomb, blah,
blah ... Amber41 does minimization well, but it gives different energies
than amber8 for some reason.

Thanks!

yong