Re: amber-developers: retired namelist vars

From: Scott Brozell <sbrozell.scripps.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 16:04:59 -0700

Hi,

I don't have time to include amber 6 -> 7.
This should be done incrementally as a normal practice
of development, not in batch.
Here is a procedure I suggest: when a namelist variable is
retired it is removed from all files except that which reads
its namelist. it is made local to the appropriate subroutine
in that file and given the initial value RETIRED_INPUT_OPTION;
then after the namelist is read a warning is emitted if the
value has changed.
idxm and ischrgd are examples.

Scott