Re: amber-developers: updated "to-do" list for amber8

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 19:52:06 -0700

David -
Glad to hear you want PMEMD in 8.0. This is definitely okay with me, and
also believe Lee will be very pleased, though I have not recently
discussed
it with him. I will be glad to do the updates listed; I may need a few
suggestions but believe I should be able to do the code. I will need to
look back at your schedules, but since I run PMEMD dev relatively
independently, I don't think we should have any problems with things being
available when they are needed. As you know, we have the 3.1 drop of
pmemd
in place; I actually have two other cuts, done recently. One drops the
non-CIT code paths (which mostly supported amber 6 style polarization and
few little-used options), should we want to put polarizable ff code in
pmemd
at some point in time; Tom D. and I have not really discussed this, but it
is a possibility that we could relatively quickly have polarizable ff's in
pmemd version. The other is a development base for experimentation on
other
electrostatics schemes (obviously not going anywhere soon). Anyway, I
will
be glad to do the enhancements, and we can discuss other things as folks
see
fit.
Regards - Bob